Using a law firm to investigate your matter has its advantages:
Knowledge, Experience, and Advice
- As a Law Firm, we can guide you through the entire investigative process from planning and interviewing to drafting the report and advising on next steps.
- We have experience in prosecuting and defending wrongful dismissal claims.
- We have a thorough understanding of the legal implications of both investigating your matter and how the conclusions can impact your organization.
- Non-lawyer investigators may know how to interrogate or gather evidence, but they don’t see the big picture.
Confidentiality & Privilege
- Using a Law Firm for advice and direction respecting your investigation may give rise to solicitor-client privilege, meaning you don’t have to disclose the report to anyone, including employees, the Court, or any other authority.
- Non-lawyer Investigators simply cannot offer this level of confidentiality.
- As a Law Firm, we have taken an oath to maintain a level of professionalism and ethical standards ranging from confidentiality to how we communicate and respond to our clients and the public generally.
- We take our ethical obligations seriously and bring them into your organization.
- We are accountable to both your organization and the Law Society who regulates our conduct.
- Non-lawyer investigators are generally unregulated and not accountable to anyone on a professional level.